I love books, reading, and writers. For over fifteen years I worked as an acquiring editor at the three largest publishing houses in New York: HarperCollins, Penguin Group (USA), and most recently as a Senior Editor at Random House. I acquired both fiction and non-fiction. I am now working independently. As a structural editor and a line editor, I collaborate closely with writers to make their work as strong and saleable as possible.
I generally work by referral only—through agents I have bought projects from and through authors I have edited and published previously.
On a time-available basis I offer consultations to unpublished writers.
To reach me send an e-mail
Please include the following information:
- The name of the person who referred you (if applicable)
- Do you have a contractual deadline that must be met?
- The type of book you have written: fiction or non-fiction?
- Manuscript length/word count
- The first 5 manuscript pages (in body of e-mail—no attachments)